Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wish list...




My amazon.com Wish list is almost a joke! Almost.... except for the fact that I really DO want the books on it.....but then, like the mouse who wants the muffin, Papa would have to build me some bigger book shelves to house all the books, and with bigger books shelves, I would have to get a house with an empty room to put the shelves, and with a new house I would have to move from my current one. And to move, I would have to pack, and to pack, I would have to get rid of some of the books I already have, and if I get rid of some of the books I already have, I would have some empty floor space (my shelves are already full, so not empty shelf space) and with empty space, I would think I could get some more books without moving, but then ....

see.

But I DO, I do, I do, I do, I do, (Can you hear that in the tone of the cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz)...love books and truly need their leaves to feed my soul.

Formerly, before the learning-to-live-in-the-real-world-frugality-enlightenment, I use to see a book I wanted and go to Amazon and do a "Buy with 1-click". So convenient, easy and ...well quick.... Until a book came in the mail, that I could not for the life of me remember WHY I thought I had to have it, and my bank balance was super, mega, how-in-the-world-did-that-happen, lower than I could ever imagine. {I like hyphenated phrases that pretend to be adjectives...if you haven't noticed. :)}. {I also like curvy bracket more than parenthesis.}

So I quit 1-click. Most often I buy from Amazon's used booksellers {which you cannot do with 1 click}, and I first put the book on my wish list and let it simmer a while. Then with my few little "spare" dollars, I make choices. Fabric, yarn, food, or books? {Notice Starbucks is not on that list anymore. Gone the way of frugality, reserved for special occasions.} Recently, {two days ago} I went through my wish list and cleaned it up. I had books on there from 8 years ago that again I thought, why did I ever wish for THIS??! And I put my current heart-throbs {yes a book can make my heart throb} on HIGH priority, and some on medium and some on no priority....just in case the book elves when to my list. {Christmas is coming tra la tra la}.

I did a V-8 head smacker yesterday afternoon, {you know, the oh, I could have had a book!}.... I received a goodie drawer award at work, worth $25. You redeem it by going online and choosing from various vendor's gift cards, or movie tickets...etc. So when I went in to redeem it, I found out I actually had received 3 awards that I had never redeemed {blessing} and had $75 of spare money! Wheeeee ! And I started drooling over movie tickets. See, I have not gone to a movie in a theatre in months, (since my frugal-reality awakening) and have wanted my kids to see Where the Wild Things are, and the new Scrooge movie, and the Princess and the Frog... not to mention a momma-night-out movie perhaps, so before I came to my senses and remembered the books calling me, I redeemed 9 "free" movie tickets! Yah! Fun to come. As soon as I was done, I heard my cubicle neighbor say, hey I redeemed my award for an Amazon.com gift certificate. What???!! Huh??? Why didn't I think of that? {Smack!}

So...on to the wishlist, (as if anyone is still reading the post, except for my mom....)


Just to tickle you about on some great books, and in the spirit of fall reading, here are the last 5 books I added to my wish list... and then the highest 5 priority. ....

Last 5:

  1. Stone Crossings: Finding Grace in Hard and Hidden Places by L. L. Barkat (Author)
  2. Cute Stuff: Let's Make Cute Stuff [CUTE STUFF] by Aranzi(Author) Aronzo (Author)

  3. Felt Wee Folk: Enchanting Projects by Salley Mavor (Author)

  4. Sugar Cookies: Sweet Little Lessons on Love by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (Author), et al.

  5. Christmas Cookies: Bite-Size Holiday Lessons by Amy Krouse Rosenthal (Author), Jane Dyer (Illustrator)

And the top 5 priorities:


  1. Embroidered Effects: Projects and Patterns to Inspire Your Stitching (Sublime Stitching) by Jenny Hart (Author), Aimée Herring (Photographer)

  2. Doodle Stitching: Fresh & Fun Embroidery for Beginners by Aimee Ray (Author)

  3. Amy Butler's In Stitches: More Than 25 Simple and Stylish Sewing Projects by Amy Butler (Author), Colin McGuire (Photographer)

  4. Believing God Devotional Journal (Moore, Beth) by Beth Moore (Author)

  5. Get out of That Pit: A 40-Day Devotional Journal by Beth Moore (Author)
Yea, there are some novels on my list, but not in the top 5. I have tons of novels in my at home waiting pile, so they wishlist novels are a lower priority right now.......

What are YOU reading, or wishing to read? {mom}

0 Things Others Said: