Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Falling back into it....

I realized it....

I am finally embracing it....

I knew it, but I guess I was trying to perhaps deny it.....

or....perhaps I was not really cognizant of it....

but now I am....

I am a jeans girls....

I love jeans, live in jeans and think jeans are perfectly acceptable ANYWHERE...yea....

I know Emily Gilmore would cringe and Lorelei would cheer... but that is it. I am a jeans girl.  :)

And what a comfortable release to just embrace it with no excuses.  Quit buying those stupid slacks made of processed who knows what, to be worn once (uncomfortably) and then hang in my closet for YEARS!!!!   When what I am is jeans....

So I am apologizing in advance...if you invite me to some to do or another and would desire that I wear a ballgown, or skirt suit, or prairie dress or ........................  and I show up in jeans.   It's me.  I may add a little lace, fringe 0f fur, embellish with embroidery, but jeans it will be....

It is funny, last night,  when I bought two more pairs of jeans (thrift store beauties sitting on my sewing table for a little creative personalization) and thought...do I need more jeans?  And immediately answered, YES I DO....it just hit me.  This is my clothing of choice and to quit fighting it.  It felt good to settle on who I am, clothing wise...and who I am not.  Felt a little like nestling in to a comfy home.

On a similar thread (a denim thread of course) of thought...I fell back into something else last night.   Bible Study.  And, specifically for this season, Beth Moore Bible Studies.   I had not been involved in or committed to a Bible Study in a very very very long time.    And I thought I was ok with that.   I listened and shared at church.  I had a couple devotionals I sporadically read.  

I was busy.  I love God.  I was ok.

--smile---  but I was {am} hungry.

I started reviewing a study because I want to share some of it with the youth in our church.  Then I was reviewing another one because it was about John, the disciple and another about Jesus, the One and Only, which both started with the Book of John...which we are studying at church, and my appetite growled.  I forgot how much I LOVE these Bible Studies and how much they impact my life and grow me.  Even one studied years ago, being studied again, has a fresh, new, this season word for me!

Where have I been?

So I am falling back into my jeans and loving them...and falling back into my Bible Studies.....

Isn't fall wonderful????

1 Things Others Said:

GraceGal said...

Good for you! I do so love a good Beth Moore Bible Study!