Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Veiw from my Cell: Ranger Awards

I have been pleasantly surprized by the picture taking ability of my new cellphone (see here and here, all cellphone photos), that I thought I would start a new series of posts where I occasionally share the "view from my cell".

So here is the view from last night. My children had awards night at Rangers and Impact. A church-based scouting program where they earn patches, etc. It was a great night with all three of my children earning new badges and awards. Nicholas was promoted to the "Adventure Ranger" level and Anthony to the "Discovery Ranger" level. Nicholas gave a speak on what it took to earn his "Family Life" badge, including his chore chart, a family project of planting a pear tree he named PJ. (Pointing to Jesus) and what we learned in our family meetings (keep 'em short for the little ones and have a fun activity at the end.)


It was a great night, made even more so by the attendance of Nanny and Papa!


I so appreciate the scouting program at our church and the men and women that invest in these kids!















1 Things Others Said:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I enjoyed reading your blog...The blog world is so new to me...

Hope you will stop by for a visit.

I am posting on our Disney trip now and then on to a new grandson in two weeks..