Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Just too Precious....

I came across the most precious book at a thrift store, a three book volume of Martha B Rabbit and Friends, written and illustrated by Shirley Barber.

It has the beautiful paintings and sweet, quaint story. I had to find out more about the artist/author. Her website shares her story.... raised on Guernsey Island during the war really peaked my interest, as I had read the The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society By Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows and had fallen in love with just the thought of the island.

You can get many of her books used and new on Amazon.com. They truly are lovely and have this old world feel about them.




1 Things Others Said:

Jenny Nielsen said...

I LOVE these books! My little brother and I got a copy of one of these books when we were little. I actually bought a whole set of old books...for my twenty first birthday. When I discovered she had written more, I needed all of them even though I'm "too old for them." But when I have kids one day I want them to have them :)