Thursday, May 03, 2012

{again}

Via Pinterst {sheep bleat, again}
Our God is a God of {agains}.   No matter how many times we need an {again}, he is there with one...{again}.

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning."   Lamentations 3:22,23

Lately, I have been turning back {again} to things I had neglected or let slip away. 

  • I am trying to focus on and count blessings {again} (Ann's 1000 gifts)
  • I am back into receiving life from the word of James in a Beth Moore Bible Study {again}.  It has been far too long.
  • I am reading a blog from long past, and being renewed in faith by one women's strong belief, and life walk in Jesus, {again} {Thank you Linny.}
  • I am reading Ann's posts daily {again} and each day life words are speaking into my exact here and now. 
It has been a long time since I have had the surprise of a question in my mind or a word spoken in one place that resonated with me showing up in another place.  Unexpected.  Delightful.  Hopeful.  {again}

Via Pinterest
Something I am questioning in my mind, struggling with, being drawn low by, I open my James Bible Study homework and the lesson for that very day talks about that very thing.  Then I read Ann and another thread in that garment of thought is woven bright, then I even look on pinterest, and a quote echos the message.

His mercies are new every morning. {again}

In the opening video of the James study, Beth shares how she needed a word from God.  How, we might think, as the teacher, she would somehow have her act all together and not be in desperate need for a word from God, but she did.   And I realize, I walk around with that same erroneous expectation on myself.  By now, I should have this together, and not be the needy child so much, and I emotionally kick myself and cower in shamefaced need.

But seriously, I am in NEED of my savior, daily!  And there is a reason why his mercies are new EVERY morning.  Because WE NEED THEM!.   "for he knows how we are formed, he remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:12

A life dependant on him.   

And He uses Ann to remind me, that this small life is enough. That I do not need to be in the race of the world.   Even the Christian-life race that has allowed the competitive doing ways of the world to influence us.   Do more, be more, go more, more more more.   When God called Pauls and Peters...he also called Marys.   A Mary whose whole ministry was to raise a sweet baby, to toddler, to young boy to man Jesus.   Another Mary whose life was to sit at Jesus feet and live the small life of faith.  Another Mary emptied out of demons and filled with the life of her Rabboni.    We are not all Peters or Pauls.  Or Beth Moores.   Some of us are simple mommas, daughters....sisters. {grandma's, wives, women walking this life with Jesus.}  Nothing spectacular..noteworthy from a world's perspective....(even a Christian world gone celebrity mad).   Our stories will not be on Yahoo, or Nightline.....   But our names are written in the Lamb's book of life....and for us and for this simple life, He died.

Ann also reminds me that I can be happy. That I can be an optimist.   That I can sit with the aching contrast of this fallen world, of starving children, and hopeless mommas, and somehow still be optimistic and smile.  Still see the beauty in a moment.  Still know that in the end Omega wins...and all will be set right.  "Only those who believe in the beautiful — can collaborate in the miraculous."  I struggle so with the guilt of happy, when I know others are desperate..and at so many times I am desperate of the soul.  Desert-dying for the lack of grabbing the glass of living water that is only pages away.  "Your word is a light until my path and a lamp unto my feet" and the living water for which I thirst.

He uses Beth to remind me that there is some joy coming...that these trials are giving birth to what God has planned...lacking nothing. (James 1:2,3).

And Ann again reminds me that the way I can collaborate in the miraculous is so simple, and ever afforded to me...see the beauty God has spread (lavished) all around me, see it, recognize it, thank him for it.  Beth in James, reminded me that "every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights." James 1:17.  So I can collaborate in the miracle by seeing what He has bestowed and by prayer.   Both the prayer of thankfulness, and the prayer of beseeching.  And the prayer of just conversation with him, as my companion, as my dear friend, as my maker my husband.   "A better future always simply begins — in a series of prayerful nows."  The uplifting focus on what is bestowed by his hand... and take everything to my conversation with Him.  Prayer.   Hope of prayer.  


Over the past year, I had allowed someone else's personal beleif, theology, persception on God and prayer to make me lose my hope in prayer.  To think that God does not intervene, but just sits on his hands leaving us to our consequences.   That is a dark and alone feeling.    During that year, I had left all the {agains} listed above, and traded them in for logic and consequences...and quiet desperate pain.


I am guardedly hopeful, that I am crawling out of that pit of despair..and into the light of hope again.   The light of studying his word.  The light of seeing women walk in faith on many varied paths.  The light of optimism and gratefulness.   The light of not understanding everything and the whys and the hows, but loving the God and Savior who holds it all together in his loving compassionate hand and understands it all.   The light of prayer.


The mercy of {again}.   The subtitle of the James Bible study I am doing is Mercy Triumphs.


And I think, yes, {again}.  He has not tired of me and my stumblings.  He has not given up on me.  His compassion is never failing and His mercy endures FOREVER...every morning...{again}.

The Lord is compassionate and gracious,
slow to anger, abounding in love.
He will not always accuse,
nor will he harbor his anger forever;
he does not treat us as our sins deserve
or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his love for those who fear him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

As a father has compassion on his children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him;
for he knows how we are formed,
he remembers that we are dust.
Psalms 103:8-14






3 gifts today


  • Ann's words
  • Beth's study
  • the {again} of God



0 Things Others Said: