Friday, May 04, 2012

He watches {my movie} again and again...



via pinterest
 "See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."   - I John 3:1


A message I listened to last night by Francis Afuso, is turning my heart upside down (right side up?)   Although it will be a daily choice of perspective and acceptance to keep it right side up....it was a big turn in perspective last night. 

Do you have a favorite movie....or maybe 2 or 3 or 4?  Ones you have watched again and again but still love?    I know my boys love Lord of the Rings...and the Pirates of the Caribbean.  They know most of the script and reenact certain parts over and over again.    I love those two movies too, but for me it is more White Christmas, You Got Mail and Pride and Prejudice that I watch over and over.    Francis was sharing about how God really loves us.    That we often feel like or doubt that he loves us, maybe because of what we see we lack, or the mistakes we make...or what we don't do.... all these reasons we really don't absorb that God really loves us, likes us, wants to hang with us, even smiles and adores us.

And that is true with me.  I have a real hard time grasping that.   Francis said God's love is not based on our performance or what we are or are not doing.   That God sees us not just in the present moment, but sees our entire life.   Beginning to end.    At anyone point, when we feel unlovable, or that we have blown it, or are blowing it...or just ughy....God is watching, with a loving smile on his face....watching his favorite {movie} us...and excited ...like he is saying,...just hold on...watch what happens next...she thinks she has blown it, but wait to you see what is next!    :)

I love that.   In his closing prayer to his message,   I was in tears...as he had us pray...and he said something to the effect that we realize that He thinks our live is adorable.

Adorable. 


Even know it makes my heart leap.   Adorable.

Even with all my yuck past..and all my shortcoming present and my stumbling future.  Even when I yell when I should be quiet, and jump to conflict when I should hug.   He sees the ending and know this might be a tense part of {my movie} but he knows what it is working in me...,knows what is next...knows the space it is making for his grace.

Adorable....

after listening to this...as I listened to the very familiar lyrics of David Crowder's song "Oh, how he loves me"...it had a whole new meaning to me.

He watches {my movie} and finds me adorable!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PS  I forgot to mention my three blessings today:

  • Fridays!
  • Message from Francis Afuso posted on the Rock of Roseville
  • He loves me.

1 Things Others Said:

The Cartwright Family said...

I Love stalking your blog! I love the song, Oh How He loves me. It has been such an encouragement to me soooo often. I enjoy the Jesus Culture version of the song too, featuring Kim Walker, Check it out! Keep up the good work. I love the pictures that you have sprinkled all over the blog.